Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Double


When I chose this theme, I had this photo idea in mind and it turned out just as I had hoped. My friends Mike and Patti bought a tandem bicycle last year and went nuts. In a good way! :) They pedal all over town, ride all the bike trails and get out and about as often as they can on their bike. I thought it would make a perfect Double photo! And we had a lot of fun getting this shot. I made them ride back and forth and back and forth several times while an approaching storm made for a nice backdrop. And if you think turning a tandem bike around on a bike path is easy; well, it's not. :) So thanks to Mike and Patti for being such good sports!!!! And have fun on your double bike! -Dina 



I just got back from a trip to Pittsburgh, southwest Pennsylvania, and West Virginia (that's why I'm late with this post), and I absolutely love visiting new places and photographing new things. As we were traveling on the interstate through Pittsburgh, my traveling companion noted the beautiful blue spires poking above the other buildings. I glanced over and immediately thought of this theme. I rapidly moved over two lanes to the off ramp so I could find and photograph these landmarks. It was a fortunate coincidence that the half moon was positioned perfectly behind them. By the way, these spires belong to an Orthodox Ukrainian church.  -Cort

Next Week's Theme: Falling

No comments:

Post a Comment