Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nothing to See Here


Whenever I hear the phrase, "Nothing to see here," it makes me think that there IS something to see here, it's just that the person saying it doesn't want you to see it, and wants you to go away. A locked gate is a way of saying that without words, and it just makes me want to peer inside.

This gate leads to an abandoned, decaying pool in my neighborhood, which is kind of sad, especially in the summer, when it should be filled with children and squirt guns and beach balls. At night it's downright creepy, but since I can't get inside, there really IS nothing to see from this side of the gate, except the orange glow of the city night sky in the distance. 
By the way, the pool is scheduled for demolition later this year, and I can't wait for this space to become a vibrant part of the neighborhood again. -Cort



Nothing to see here....for now. In 27 days though, there will definitely be something to see! -Dina

Next Week's Theme: Close up 

No comments:

Post a Comment