Monday, August 12, 2013

Close up


What I really enjoy about our 52 project is seeing the world through "creative" eyes. I chose the theme close up because I love taking macro shots of my garden. There are so many interesting close up things to see. As I was walking through my yard yesterday morning, a very tiny bird feather caught my eye in the grass. Normally I would have just kept moving, but I picked it up and looked at through my macro lens and was delighted to find all those beautiful dew drops just hanging out. I would never had given the feather a second look, but I'm so glad I did. It was a lot of fun capturing nature's bling. I'm glad this project is encouraging me to take a second look! -Dina 



I'm thankful that Dina chose this theme, because it had been a VERY long time since I had strapped on the extension tube to my camera, and like Dina, I had a lot of fun exploring my back yard in magnified detail. 

Unlike most photos I take, in this case I had to wait for my subject to come to me. One of my bushes is in bloom now, and there was one bee flitting around from place to place, but not long enough for me to get a shot composed and focused. So instead, I parked my camera on one bloom, and waited a couple minutes for this guy to enter into the frame. -Cort

Next Week's Theme: In the Shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment