Sunday, April 14, 2013

Loneliness


When I first moved to Kansas City, I lived in an apartment complex across the street from a big park, that included a huge empty field with this one tree at the top of the hill. I always thought of it as a lonely tree, and it's the first thing that came to mind when I decided upon this theme. When I lived there, I took many photos of this tree, usually with a beautiful sky behind it. But this is the first time I've returned to this park since I moved away from there about 7 years ago, and the dark gray sky only adds to the feeling of loneliness. -Cort



Driving by a neighborhood park this week, I realized that a playground on a cold, rainy April day is a very lonely place. It should be filled with the sounds of children laughing and having a good time. On this day there was only silence and in this case, the sound of silence was the sound of loneliness. -Dina

Next Week's Theme: Brave

No comments:

Post a Comment