Sunday, February 16, 2014

Progress


This past weekend I participated in Cupid's Undie Run, a fundraising effort for the Children's Tumor foundation. My friend Rachel Mindrup's son has neurofibromatosis (NF). NF causes tumors to grow all over the nervous system and can cause blindness, deafness, learning disabilities and severe chronic pain.

She convinced me to join her in running through the streets of Omaha in our underwear so that we can make progress in treating and curing this disease. And we did make a lot of progress - our team raised over $10,000, which was the top fundraising team in Omaha!

To get revenge for making me freeze my buns off, I'm posting a photo of HER in her underwear - she's in the middle, surrounded by some of her family. And let's be honest - in addition to raising a lot of money, we both made good progress in our fitness goals, since it takes big motivation to get either of us outside in our running shoes in February. -Cort



There are so many things that indicate how much progress we have made in the history of the world. The argument could be made that air travel is one of the most significant. The impact it has on so many people is significant and I'm sure that our world would be a different place if there had been no progress made in conquering the skies. -Dina

Next Week's Theme: Window

No comments:

Post a Comment